Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Week 10

Dr Chrisite's site is a great one to remember once you have your own classroom. When I entered the website it talks a little bit about her being an educator for forty years, and how she wants other educators to incorporate more technology in the classroom, which I thought to myself was very strange coming from a teacher of forty years and not learning to teach with things such as computers; most older teachers do not like to change their methods, but this educator does. When I started looking around I saw her photograpy link. Since most technology may be a little complicated to teach to a seven year old in elementary school I thought it would be fun to let them take pictures and share them with their classmates. Since nature is a great thing to photograph I think letting students photograph what they want in nature will help a teacher understand what a student loves about nature. Her website includes pictures she has taken. It would also be fun for the students to take their own pictures and then enhance it digitially or make a color picture black and white. Photography is a great way children can remember things as well for when it comes to test time.

No comments: